Senin, 02 Juni 2008

Fire on Universal Studio

A large fire has broken out on a sound stage at Universal Studios in Los Angeles, California.

The dramatic Sunday blaze that destroyed portions of the Universal Studios Hollywood back lot was accidentally touched off by company employees using a blowtorch to heat asphalt roofing shingles, authorities said.

Los Angeles County fire officials said two workers and a supervisor were putting up shingles in an alley on the New York Street set. They finished at 3 a.m., spent an hour watching for any sign of fire, then took a break.

Preliminary results of air tests at Universal Studios' smoky back lots Sunday found levels of benzene and other toxic contaminants six times or more above normal.

At those levels, firefighters and anyone else in the immediate vicinity of the blaze could have experienced respiratory irritation, South Coast Air Quality Management District spokesman Sam Atwood said. But Atwood added that


Tidak ada komentar: